first_img Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #moretransparencyinTCIscholarshipselections, #TCIscholarshipselection Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, July 18, 2017 – Providencilaes – Government says it wants to reduce any perception or chance of bias and make it clear how money is awarded for higher education with the announcement that a new scholarship policy is activated.   The law, established in 2011 had its amendments approved at the House of Assembly by June 30 and now the goal of coming changes are laid bare to the public and it is hoped that the changes will reduce complaints and accusations about who and how and why people are awarded scholarships and educational grants.Eight distinctive areas are highlighted as ready to be altered in the law including an enlargement of the approved institutions list and a stipulation that the institution has to be properly accredited.    There will be a further breakdown of which institutions are approved for full or partial scholarships, says TCIG.  The policy promises to better define categories for areas of study and to better explain whether the area is eligible for full, partial, scholarship, grants or distance learning.When it comes to grants, there will be a cap on how many can be given per student and how much is given at all.    Ambiguity on what performance standards are expected to earn educational support from Government and for students to keep their scholarships will be a thing of the past, the policy will make room now for those standards to be clearly established.    And when it comes to the most controversial area, traditionally, for the National Scholarship Committee, there will be greater transparency of the awards process.   A mechanism will be devised for equity or fairness to be done and for it to appear to have been done with each scholarship winner.#MagneticMediaNews#TCIscholarshipselection#moretransparencyinTCIscholarshipselections Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img

admin | 3216976577@qq.com

Related Posts

first_imgMOST READ IN FOOTBALLTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himNICE RONCristiano Ronaldo goes on family bike ride with partner Georgina Rodriguez & kidsREF RAIDChampions League ref Vincic ‘arrested in raid into drugs and prostitution ring’The former Spurs star has experience of playing in the Italian top flight too, having turned out for Juventus between 2013 and 2015.Llorente scored 23 goals in 66 games in Serie A before he moved to Sevilla.The Spain and Basque Country international has also played for Basconia, Athletic Bilbao and Swansea.Tottenham star Fernando Llorente set leave on a free transfer despite Champions League heroics NAPOLI have signed free agent Fernando Llorente after the striker left Spurs and Manchester United ended their interest, according to reports.The former Tottenham flop, 34, has put pen to paper on a two-year deal at the Serie A giants.1 Fernando Llorente has signed for Napoli in a free, two-year dealMan Utd had been interested in adding the veteran striker to their ranks, but interest cooled as they opted to stick with youth.United have already seen forwards Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku head to Italy – both joining Inter Milan.Meanwhile, Matteo Darmian is on the brink of joining Parma and Chris Smalling has arrived at Roma in what is a busy end to the transfer window in Italy.Now Napoli – who were drawn in the same Champions League group as Liverpool – have landed the former Spurs man.THANKS A LLORLlorente spent two seasons at Tottenham, but managed just two goals in 36 Premier League games.The 24-cap Spain international had attracted attention from Chelsea in January, but a move never materialised.Llorente was officially released by the North Londoners on July 1 and had yet been unable to find a new home.Reports claimed the Spaniard was “holding out for Man Utd” – with Inter Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina joining Napoli in showing an interest in him.last_img

first_img Thwaites, who became the new president of the local skeet club after he was elected unopposed recently, at the Jamaica Skeet Club in Portmore, said Azan would be tasked with improving the participation of the young shooters and encouraging the development of the sport. “We want to expand its (the sport) exposure to the school population in Jamaica. We see the future of our sport as highly dependent on the number of youngsters who we can bring into it,” continued Thwaites. Former president Azan says that it’s time for younger members to take control of the sport. “I am very confident that we are leaving at the right time. I think that it’s time now for a younger group to come in and to take charge,” Azan reasoned. He credited the new president for selecting a committee of young, bright people, noting that they and would take the club to a new level. Meanwhile, Thwaites is joined on the executive by Leighton Sasso, who was vice-president in the last regime (he retains his position); AndrÈ Holung – treasurer; and Jordon Samuda – secretary. The committee members who will also serve on the board are Shaun Barnes, a five- time national champion; James Chen; Andre Hopwood; and Ray McMaster. New Jamaica Skeet Club president, Evan Thwaites, has put the continued growth of local shooters and competitions high on his mandate, noting that he wants to have up-to-date systems to help develop even greater competitiveness in Jamaica’s clay shooting. Thwaites will be looking to build on the successes of past president Kahaleel Azan who demitted office recently, after four years at the helm. President Thwaites indicated that the new committee is going to build on the past president’s success. “Mr Azan has developed the sport of shooting tremendously. We see our role as building on that, improving the shooters’ experience, the competitions, making sure we have up-to-date registration systems, scoreboard systems and thus trying to develop even greater participation in the future.” DEVELOPING THE SPORTlast_img

first_imgSports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Ateneo clinches Final Four spot, dominates NU Ateneo may be on top of the UAAP Season 81 men’s basketball standings but head coach Tab Baldwin said there’s still more to be desired of his team’s performance.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew The Blue Eagles own a 9-2 record but for the past two games shown considerable weak points especially in the second half.Baldwin said his team lacks the killer instinct required to end games quickly and easily.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back Chriss“It’s our attitude when we have a big lead, it’s not just the start of the third, it could be the start of the fourth,” said Baldwin after Ateneo’s 79-64 win over National University Saturday at Smart Araneta Coliseum.“We dropped our mentality for sure and we don’t have a killer instinct and for sure it’s something we’ll continue to talk about.” View comments Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum “We’ve got to have a bench that wants to go over with the same attitude and we’ve got to get starts that want to go back with the same hunger,” said Baldwin. “[Losing momentum in the half] is not an uncommon problem for teams but it’s something we have to clearly identify and work on.” Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? MOST READ Ateneo had strong starts against the Bulldogs and University of the East but looked to lag once the second half started.The Blue Eagles held a 44-20 lead in the second quarter against the Bulldogs but allowed NU to cut the margin to 12 points, 55-43.A similar incident also happened in the defending champions’ last game against the Red Warriors when they held a 57-24 lead after the first half before watching UE outscore them 27-16 in the third quarter.The Blue Eagles held on for the 90-70 win but Baldwin was adamant that his team’s performance in the second half isn’t up to par to his expectations.Baldwin even mentioned the team’s 63-60 first round loss against Far Eastern University in a game the Blue Eagles started with an 18-3 lead.ADVERTISEMENT Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. LATEST STORIES Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anewlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *