The Jubilee Float Parade set for Independence Day has seen a modification to its route as the National Commemoration Commission has announced that floats taking part in the event will now assemble at the Stabroek Market Square as opposed to Church Street.The Commission had sent out the advisory notifying those who are set to have their costume bands feature at the float parade that they will now be required to gather at the Stabroek Market Square after which the floats will move off East along Brickdam into the D’Urban Park.This is opposed to the recently adjusted route where costumes bands were assembling at the usual junction of Church and Camp Streets, after which they would’ve proceeded west along Church Street to Avenue of the Republic, south into Brickdam and then east along Brickdam, into D’Urban Park.Nonetheless, the provisions remain the same as it relates to students from schools along the route being relocated to other centres to sit their Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) and the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) on Independence Day.This float parade is anticipated to be the largest ever as it marks Guyana’s 50th anniversary as an independent nation.As a result of placing emphasis on this celebration, the usual Republic Day Float Parade had been postponed.Thus far, it has been reported that a number of ministries and private and public organisations, have gotten on board in having their floats be part of the grand celebration. With just two days to go, final touches are being made to the floats to have them ready for the road.Overseas support has been flowing as a number of persons from the Diaspora as well as tourists are flying into Guyana to be part of the monumental event. A number of activities to observe the celebration have occurred, but most persons are anticipating the Jubilee Float Parade set for Thursday.
New Delhi: About 4.74 crore small and marginal farmers registered under the PM-Kisan scheme before the Model Code of Conduct (MCC) for general election came into effect on March 10 will get the second installment of Rs 2,000 each in their bank accounts, a senior government official said Saturday. Of these 4.74 crore beneficiaries, 2.74 crore farmers have so far received the first installment and the rest will be covered by month-end, he said. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has allowed the Union Agriculture Ministry to transfer the first and second tranche of the payment to all those beneficiaries registered under the scheme before March 10, the official added. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalAhead of the Lok Sabha polls, the Centre announced the Rs 75,000-crore Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) scheme under which Rs 6,000 per year would be disbursed in three instalments to around 12 crore farmers who hold cultivable land up to 2 hectares. In the budget, the NDA government allocated a sum of Rs 20,000 crore, to transfer Rs 2,000 each to farmers in the first installment by March-end, for the ongoing fiscal under the scheme. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostThe scheme was formally launched at national level by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 24 at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh by transferring the first instalment to 1.01 crore farmers, amounting Rs 2,021 crore. “We were hoping to have the data of 12 crore farmers from across the country. But the data of 4.74 crore farmers has come before the MCC was enforced,” the official told PTI. The government has already released the first installment of Rs 2,000 each to 2.74 crore beneficiaries and the remaining will be covered before this month-end, he said. With regard to the payment of second tranche to begin from April 1, the official said the ECI has allowed to make the payment to all those beneficiaries registered before the MCC kicked in. “We can go ahead and make the payment of first installment to the rest of the people whose names are on the portal. We can go ahead and make the payment for the second installment as well,” the official said. In Uttar Pradesh, the first installment has been released to around one crore farmers so far and the Centre has received data of additional 66 lakh farmers. The official further said that Punjab and Haryana are amongst the top beneficiary states as more than 80 per cent of the farmers registered under the scheme have received the first installment. While, some states including West Bengal, Delhi and Sikkim have yet not submitted the farmers’ data and therefore no money has been transferred. The official also mentioned that no fresh data has come from states after the MCC came into effect.