Transfers Man City expect Jorginho transfer chase to run until deadline day Chris Burton 16:38 6/5/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(2) Getty Images Transfers Manchester City Napoli Serie A Premier League Alberto Galassi believes the battle to land the Napoli midfielder will continue throughout the summer, with one offer having already been knocked back Manchester City have already seen a €50 million (£44m/$59m) bid for Jorginho rejected and expect the battle to land the Napoli midfielder to run until deadline day.The Premier League leaders had been hoping to get an early deal in place for the Italy international, with Goal having revealed how Pep Guardiola has made the 26-year-old a top target .City are, however, facing resistance in their efforts to get a big-money transfer pushed through, with an initial approach having been rebuffed. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Goalkeeper crisis! Walker to the rescue but City sweating on Ederson injury ahead of Liverpool clash Out of his depth! Emery on borrowed time after another abysmal Arsenal display Diving, tactical fouls & the emerging war of words between Guardiola & Klopp Sorry, Cristiano! Pjanic is Juventus’ most important player right now Alberto Galassi, a board member at the Etihad Stadium, concedes that a protracted pursuit could now drag on through the summer as there is no obvious end in sight.He told Sky Sport Italia of the scramble to secure Jorginho’s signature: “He is one of the players we like, we never disguised that. However, [Napoli president Aurelio] De Laurentiis knows the value of his players and is very good at negotiations.“We are a fair club, we do not go against the wishes of other clubs or try to approach players without first agreeing terms with their club.“One thing is for sure, if there is a deal, it’ll be at suitable terms for both clubs.“I personally believe if this is done, it’ll be a few hours before the transfer deadline, which in a World Cup year is always going to be unusual.”De Laurentiis revealed recently that he had snubbed an offer from City for Jorginho worth €45m up front and €5 in bonuses.While he is prepared to shun offers for now and push up the asking price for a prized asset, the midfielder’s agent has admitted that a move to England would be difficult for his client to turn down .Joao Santos told Tuttomercatoweb : “If Napoli find an agreement with City, we will assess everything.”Obviously, Manchester City would be very welcome, an opportunity not to be turned down. The coach is one of the best in Europe.”
Chelsea striker Batshuayi in Monaco today for medicalby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea striker Michy Batshuayi is in Monaco today.The Belgium international is due to undergo an AS Monaco medical after terms were settled between the two clubs.French media sources say Batshuayi will do his medical tests today ahead of signing for Monaco on Monday. The loan deal will run to the end of the season and does not include a permanent option.Batshuayi is available after his loan with Valencia was cut short.It has been VCF who have driven the deal with Monaco, with Chelsea having minimal input. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
admin | firstname.lastname@example.org
Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller, is again imploring Jamaicans to look out for the nation’s children and protect them.She made the call while addressing the Prime Minister’s Medal of Appreciation for Services to Education ceremony, held on June 9 at Jamaica House. The Prime Minister’s plea came as the country grappled with recent acts of violence against children.She made a special appeal for responsible males in the society to be good role models for children.She noted that many boys and girls are being raised without the positive support and guidance of a father or any other adult male relatives in their lives.“I want to beseech all the responsible men folk in the society, you may not be a teacher in the classroom, but …the young children in your community are looking at you, whether you like it or not,” she stated.“These children are looking for security, they want to learn how to behave towards the opposite sex; some of them have low self-esteem. You may not have signed on to be a role model but you are. Take an interest in the young people around you; who knows what difference you can make in the life of an eight-year old child. One single word could end up changing the world,” she said further.The Prime Minister also asked the teachers to help educate the parents to instill good discipline and other positive values at home.“That way, they will help to make the classroom safer (and) create an improved learning environment,” she pointed out.She said the Government has built certain platforms to help improve the quality of parenting and leadership within the education system and cited the passage of the Parenting Bill in Parliament last year as an example.She noted that the Bill will help to empower parents by integrating them fully within the education reform process.She also highlighted the more than 160 parenting places that will be established to facilitate interactions between parents and teachers in various communities and schools.The Prime Minister thanked and congratulated the 40 teachers, who were awarded medals of appreciation, and recognised the “countless others whose service we sometimes take for granted.”In congratulating the awardees, Jamaica Teachers’ Association (JTA) President, Clayton Hall, encouraged them to continue being role models to young teachers, so that they will be inspired to do their best for every child in the classroom.“The Jamaica Teachers Association is very proud of you who have been honoured today, because you represent the best qualities in those of us who serve this noble profession,” he stated.Instituted in 2005, the Prime Minister’s Medal of Appreciation for Service to Education is given to a teacher, who has served for a minimum of 15 years; displayed exceptional service in the teaching profession; and has shown evidence of community involvement, innovation and creativity in service.Contact: Andrea Braham
zoom Japan’s Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK Line) ended the first nine months of fiscal year 2017 with a net profit of JPY 16.8 billion, compared to a net loss of JPY 226.1 billion posted in the same period last year.For the period from April 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017 consolidated revenues amounted to JPY 1.63 trillion, rising by 15.3 percent from JPY 1.41 trillion reported a year earlier. NYK Line posted an operating profit of JPY 24.8 billion for the nine months, compared with operating loss of JPY 15.5 billion.Conditions in the maritime shipping market were positive overall during the nine-month period of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018.In the container shipping market, an upswing in spot freight rates stalled somewhat as the total supply of tonnage remained at similarly high levels as the previous year. While shipping traffic was brisk along transpacific and European routes, the upswing in spot freight rates largely came to a standstill due to the impact of growing shipping capacity, caused by the production of new ultra-large container ships.In the dry bulk shipping market, although excess tonnage still exists, market conditions improved compared with the same period of the previous fiscal year owing to steady shipping traffic and the increased imports of iron ore to China.For the year ending March 31, 2018, NYK Line said that it expects its net profit to be at JPY 11 billion, while the revenues are forecast to rise by 12.9 percent to JPY 2.17 trillion.The company also revised its dividend forecast for fiscal year 2017 after determining that the company has sufficient prospects for regaining profitability. Although the payment of a fiscal year-end dividend had not been decided thus far, the company now plans to pay a year-end dividend of JPY 20 per share.In a separate release, NYK Line that it adopted a resolution on the changes to its representative director, effective as of March 31, 2018. Naoya Tazawa would take up the position of Director, moving from its present position of Representative Director and Executive Vice-President Corporate Officer, due to the changes of the new positions and responsibilities scheduled as of April 1, 2018.