The tables have turned for a chef, who has now found himself in hot water after Police found an unlicensed shotgun along with live cartridges at the mining camp where he works.Reports are that ranks of F Division (Interior locations) received reports that someone at the mining camp had an illegal weapon. The ranks descended on the camp at Kupang Backdam, Cuyuni River, Region Seven (Cuyuni-Mazaruni) at about 10:00h on Friday and found the man alone.A search was conducted on the mining camp and the police found an unlicensed shotgun along with 29 live cartridges and an empty cartridge casing. The 38-year-old chef was immediately taken into Police custody where he is said to be co-operating with the police in their investigation.In February of this year, the police arrested a miner who was found with an unlicensed revolver along with matching rounds of ammunition at Obama Road, Upper Mazaruni.Reports are that the ranks at the time were acting on information when they conducted a search on the miner and found the .38 revolver along with 10 matching rounds of ammunition.Also last month, a shopkeeper was also taken into Police custody when he was found to be in possession of a shotgun at the Makari Landing, Upper Mazaruni River.The Plaisance, East Coast Demerara (ECD) man was observed by ranks who were on patrol duties to be acting in a suspicious manner.While he was being approached, he was seen throwing a long object into some nearby bushes. When the said object was retrieved, it was found to be an unlicensed gun.
The National Indigenous Touch Football Knockout planned for this June long weekend has been postponed to November. Wellington Aboriginal Corporation Health Serviceâ€™s Quit B Fit â€“ Tackling Indigenous Smoking Program and Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in conjunction with NSW Touch Football & Touch Football Australia and Dubbo Regional Council will host the 2017 National Indigenous Touch Carnival Knockout which will be the first of its kind in Australia.”The organising committee agreed to change the date and also review the registration and competitor criteria to encourage more registrations to ensure a highly successful event for Dubbo,â€ said WACHS CEO Darren Ah See. The Knockout will be open to men, womenâ€™s, mixed and junior grades and will feature a prize pool of up to $40,000 for winners and runnerâ€™s up.â€œThe revised registration and competitor details will be available on the eventâ€™s website and social media on 1 July 2017.Mr Ah See encourages all interested players to get involved. â€œWe have received overwhelming support from the community and we thank the sponsors on board already including the Western NSW Local Health District, Cloudwize, Sydney University, and Western Plains Zoo. â€œWe will be moving forward in November with our plans to host a health hub and kids activity/entertainment area at the Knockout to promote healthy living,â€ he said.â€œWeâ€™re also planning entertainment and an open mic session for amateur musicians to make the weekend a family fun-filled time,â€ he said.For more information visit the KO website or follow @quitbfit on Facebook and #quitbfit on Twitter and Instagram.Media Contact: Rebekah Bullock 0407959781Related Files2017-06-02-touch-ko-new-date-1-pdfRelated LinksNew Date