first_imgNearly eight months ago, the Australian sporting community was shocked at the announcement former Australian Wallabies coach Eddie Jones, would be assisting the Springboks in their quest for the 2007 Rugby World Cup. This weekend the Australian Men’s Open Coach Tony Trad, will also put his national ties aside, however his loyalty to the sport will remain in tact, as he crosses codes to assist South Africa in the International World Rugby Sevens tournament in Adelaide. Trad was approached by head coach Paul Trew, who recognized the benefits of his knowledge following the 2007 Federation of International Touch World Cup in South Africa. “We met in South Africa, and from there we kept in contact and built up a rapport, as there are so many similarities between the games,” Trad said. “Paul attended one of my training camps last year, then I attended the South African training camp in Sydney in February.“I started with assisting with skills and drills, and now have moved onto creating space and the angle running that we use in Touch.”Touch Football Australia Chief Executive Officer Colm Maguire is extremely supportive of the move. “I think the recognition of our sport is great, it shows that the knowledge of our sport and is valued by other codes.” Maguire said. “It provides an opportunity for us to gain an insight and learn from the sport of Rugby also.” The South African team has had strong success in the eight tournament competition to-date currently sitting second after five of eight legs of the tournament, well in place to reach their goal of a top-two finish. The 2006/07 victors New Zealand are currently ranked first, and look strong to defend the title.  The eight placed Australian team also has a Touch influence, with NSW Men’s Open player Willie Bishop playing also. “The Australians are also starting to recognize the similarities of the sports, with Willie in the team,” Trad said.  Trad has used the position to also expose other Touch Footballers to the program, with Australian and current number one Men’s Open player Jason Stanton, and victorious Sydney Mets NTL coach Paul Spheres taking part at camps. The Australian leg of the tournament will be held at the Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, on the 5th and 6th of April.last_img

admin | 3216976577@qq.com

Related Posts

first_imgRESEARCHERS report that volunteer efforts in California declined by 3 percent last year, but you’d never know that by looking at Los Angeles on Big Sunday. The event – which spans a whole weekend, in fact – is one of the largest community-service campaigns in California. Last year, some 32,000 Angelenos participated, and organizers are hoping for an even bigger turnout this weekend. So whatever your talent or passion – be it cleaning up graffiti, planting trees, visiting the elderly or any number of other volunteer opportunities – join the community this Saturday and Sunday in making L.A. a better place to live. See dailynews.com for a list of Big Sunday events near you. Or check out the Big Sunday Web site, www.bigsunday.org, or call (323) 936-1419. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img

first_imgTHREE DONEGAL people have filed a formal criminal complaint with Gardai – over the behaviour of Anglo Irish Bank officials.Philip McFadden, Margo McGrory and Joe Murphy – all well-known anti-austerity campaigners – attended Buncrana Garda Station yesterday.They are hoping the complaints will go nationwide and will be followed at Garda stations throughout the country. Philip told Donegal Daily: “We went in to the Buncrana Garda station and asked them to charge John Bowe Peter Fitzgerald and David Drum of the defunct Anglo Irish Bank under the Criminal Justice and Theft and Fraud Offences Act 2001 section 6 10 11 42 for defrauding the Irish people of 7 billion euro….and the rest.”The Donegal Action Against Austerity campaigner added: “We are hoping that other people will come forward across the country and make similar complaints.”Drumm and Fitzgerald have featured heavily in leaked phone recordings published this week in the Irish Independent.They can be heard on the tapes talking about their strategy to get bailed out – and then get jobs in a nationalised bank. Joe Murphy, who was among a group of people who walked from Malin Head to Dublin to protest at government austerity measures, said Buncrana Gardai registered their complaint.He told us: “We asked for them to charged under the criminal justice act 2001 undersection 6 .. making a gain or causing loss by deceptionsection 10… false accountingsection 11… suppressing documents section 42… fraud affecting EU financialsDONEGAL TRIO LODGE COMPLAINT WITH GARDAI OVER ANGLO IRISH BANKERS was last modified: June 27th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:DONEGAL TRIO LODGE COMPLAINT WITH GARDAI OVER ANGLO IRISH BANKERSlast_img

first_imgA man has been arrested in Co. Monaghan over the tragic road collision which took the lives of three Donegal women this summer.Margaret McGonigle (69) from Castlereagh; her daughter, Mairead Mundy (37), from Ballyloughan; and Mairead’s friend Rachel Battles (39), a mother of four, also from Ballyloughan died in a car crash near Aclint in Co. Louth in July 2017.The women were travelling back from Dublin airport after a holiday when the collision occurred in the early hours of the morning north of Ardee. Gardai have today arrested a man on suspicion of dangerous driving causing death. He is currently being detained at Carrickmacross garda station in Co. Monaghan.The community of Bruckless was devastated at the time of the crash as two families endured tragic loss.The funerals of Mairead, Margaret and Rachel were all held on the one day in Bruckless. Fr James Sweeney, Parish Priest of Bruckless said it was the saddest day of his 32 years as a priest.Breaking: Man arrested over crash which killed three Bruckless women was last modified: October 28th, 2017 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *