first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on April 8, 2017 at 9:30 pm Contact Matt: mdliberm@syr.edu Syracuse entered the bottom of the first inning down 4-0. After Florida State took an early 1-0 lead, SU starter Alexa Romero surrendered a three-run home run to deep right field. SU looked outmatched early against the No. 2 team in the country.But SU responded. Five hits, a walk and a wild pitch tied the game at four. The Orange would keep competing even when falling behind by large deficits.“We were seeing the ball well today,” Orange first baseman Sydney O’Hara said.Syracuse (19-13, 3-7 Atlantic Coast) lost to No. 2 Florida State (36-1-1, 16-0), 18-9 on Saturday afternoon, as the Seminoles blasted five home runs. But despite the lopsided score, SU’s offense showed reasons for optimism. The nine runs were tied for the third-most in a game this year, and they came on a season-high 15 hits.“If we would’ve said we’d score nine runs,” head coach Mike Bosch said, “We would’ve probably signed up for that and thought we’d have a great chance to win.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textFSU’s starter, Meghan King, had given up just 15 runs all season and no other team has registered more than seven hits against her. The redshirt sophomore entered this Saturday’s game with a 0.75 ERA and a record of 16-0. Florida State, as a team, has 19 shutouts in 38 games.Sammy Fernandez led off the bottom of the first with a line drive to left field and then Alicia Hansen singled by beating out the throw on a three-foot dribbler. After a wild pitch, a Sydney O’Hara single, a walk and Rachel Burkhardt single, Hannah Dossett ripped a two-run double to tie the game at four with runners on second and third. The inning ended with the two runners stranded, but Syracuse bounced back.A few relatively uneventful innings ended when SU took a beating in the fourth.The Seminoles put up seven runs in the frame, and again, hope looked lost.But the Orange continued to rack up runs.Alyssa Dewes, who has struggled all season, doubled on a line drive to deep center field. After Fernandez advanced Dewes on a groundout, Hansen drove Dewes in on a single. O’Hara followed Hansen by hitting a single to deep right field, but when the right fielder, Carsyn Gordon, tried to field the ball, it bounced off of her leg for an error. O’Hara advanced to third on the error and Hansen scored.With O’Hara on third, Faith Cain reached first on another FSU error, and O’Hara came in to score. Still with only one out, SU quickly scored three runs and had a runner on base. After a Bryce Holmgren walk and a Rachel Burkhardt strikeout, Dossett reached on a fielder’s choice, but a botched catch sent Cain home. But Cain was thrown out by a mile to end the inning at 12-7, leaving two runners on base and nearing the top of the lineup.FSU added two more runs in the fifth, but couldn’t separate from the Orange. In the bottom of the fifth Hansen sent a ball deep to center field. FSU’s center fielder, Morgan Klaevemann climbed the wall to make a catch, but Hansen’s ball was too far, landing just in front of the Seminole team bus.The sophomore rounded the bases, arms out, mimicking an airplane. The team ran out to greet her at home plate, all players bouncing up and down. There was still life in the game.“I don’t hit a lot of home runs,” Hansen said, “so I just did what came to mind.”Florida State left two runners on base in the sixth, and faced a dangerous SU lineup. After two easy outs, the Orange put two runners on. Dewes, who hit well earlier in the game, struck out on three straight pitches, leaving two runners on. SU abandoned ten runners on base Saturday.FSU capitalized in the seventh, scoring four more runs, including the team’s fifth home run. SU’s bats fell short in the seventh, falling 18-9.“An opportunity lost,” Bosch said. “An opportunity to have a big win.” Commentslast_img

admin | 3216976577@qq.com

Related Posts

first_imgDomestic tourists realized 94 thousand arrivals and 193 thousand overnight stays, which is an increase of arrivals by 14,7% and an increase of overnight stays by 10,0% compared to February 2018. Foreign tourists realized more than 170 thousand arrivals and 357 thousand overnight stays, which is 24,3% more arrivals and 15,1% more overnight stays compared to February 2018. Foreign tourists realized the most overnight stays in the City of Zagreb, 83 thousand overnight stays, which is an increase of 11,7% overnight stays compared to February 2018. Foreign tourists, except in the City of Zagreb, realized the most overnight stays in Dubrovnik, Rovinj – Rovigno, Podgora , Split and Opatija, which is 55,7% of the total overnight stays of foreign tourists. In February 2019, domestic tourists spent the most nights in the City of Zagreb, 33 thousand overnight stays, which is an increase of 20,1% overnight stays compared to February 2018. This is followed by overnight stays of domestic tourists in Opatija, Split, Dubrovnik, Rovinj – Rovigno and Rijeka, which is 39,3% of the total overnight stays of domestic tourists. Tourists in the age group 35-44 realized the most overnight stays The highest number of tourist arrivals and overnight stays in February 2019 was realized by the City of Zagreb, 60 thousand arrivals, which is 22,6% of the total arrivals and 116 thousand overnight stays, which is 21,1% of the total tourist overnight stays. Compared to February 2018, there were 12,4% more tourist arrivals and 14,0% more tourist nights in the City of Zagreb. This is followed by overnight stays of tourists from Austria (10,1%), Germany (8,0%), Italy (6,0%), the Republic of Korea (5,9%), Bosnia and Herzegovina (5,7%), USA (4,3%) and Serbia (4,2%). In the group Hotels and similar accommodation, more than 26 thousand rooms and suites were available to tourists (which is 50,9% of the total number of available rooms and suites) with a total of 51 thousand permanent beds (which is 43,2% of the total number of available permanent beds). The average occupancy of rooms was 33,4%, and permanent beds 28,6%. The City of Zagreb also has the highest number of tourist arrivals and overnight stays in February In February 2019, the highest number of tourist nights was realized in hotels, 370 thousand overnight stays, which is 67,4% of the total number of overnight stays. Compared to February 2018, the number of tourist arrivals in hotels increased by 19,8% and the number of overnight stays by 12,9%. In February 2019, more than 264 thousand tourist arrivals and 550 thousand tourist nights were realized in commercial accommodation facilities. Compared to February 2018, there were 20,7% more arrivals and 13,3% more overnight stays, according to data from the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS). Most rooms and permanent beds available in the group Hotels and similar accommodation In February 2019, tourists from Slovenia realized the most arrivals and overnight stays of foreign tourists, 31 thousand arrivals and 72 thousand overnight stays (18,3% of the total number of foreign tourist arrivals and 20,2% of the total overnight stays of foreign tourists). Compared to February 2018, tourists from Slovenia increased their arrivals by 22,0% and the number of overnight stays by 18,1%. In February 2019, tourists in the age group 35-44 realized the highest number of overnight stays, 106 thousand overnight stays, which is 19,2% of the total number of overnight stays. They are followed by tourists in the age group 25-34, 97 thousand nights spent, which is 17,7% of the total number of nights. Slovenian tourists with by far the most arrivals and overnight stays Most nights spent in hotels The city of Zagreb is a favorite tourist destination for both domestic and foreign tourists In February 2019, 52 thousand rooms, apartments and camping places with a total of 118 thousand permanent beds were available to tourists.last_img

first_imgA 46-year-old man has been put under observation for possible COVID-19 infection at the Prof. Kandou General Hospital in Manado, North Sulawesi, after returning from Malaysia.The patient, a Bitung resident who works in Malaysia, arrived in Manado from Kuala Lumpur on Feb. 19 via Singapore.”He complained of cough and shivering. However, his temperature was normal at 36.1 degrees Celsius,” the hospital’s medical services head Handry Takasenseran told The Jakarta Post on Wednesday. “We have categorized him as a suspected COVID-19 patient because he has a travel history to countries affected by the outbreak.”  Handry said the patient had begun to feel ill ten days after arrived in Bitung and had decided to report his illness to the Bitung Health Agency when he saw that his condition was not improving.”We’ve confirmed the case with the Bitung Health Agency; we’ve also coordinated with the North Sulawesi Health Agency,” Handry said. “Last night at around 6 p.m. he was isolated and his samples were taken.”He said the samples had been sent to the Health Research and Development Agency (Balitbangkes) laboratory in Jakarta and the patient would remain in isolation until the test result came out.Indonesia has confirmed COVID-19 in two people, both of whom are currently being treated at the Sulianti Saroso Infectious Diseases Hospital in Jakarta. (nal)Topics :last_img

first_imgA recently captured Interpol fugitive, 50-year-old American Marcus Beam, who is wanted for alleged investment fraud in the United States, allegedly produced and sold pornographic videos to make money while hiding out in Bali, police have said.Investigators of the Bali Police’s general crimes division and the Counter Transnational and Organized Crime (CTOC) task force arrested Beam and his female friend, a 48-year-old identified as WPC on Thursday.“He made pornographic movies to make money on the internet. That was one of his activities to survive in Bali. He made a lot of contacts with local people,” Bali Police chief Insp. Gen. Petrus Reinhard Golose said at Bali Police’s headquarters in Denpasar on Friday as reported by tempo.co. He explained that Beam had been living in Bali since January. During his stay, until he was captured, he and his female friend allegedly uploaded their personal adult videos onto a website to make money to cover his living costs.Deputy director of the Bali Police’s general crimes division Adj. Sr. Comr. Suratno added that the authorities had only managed to find one adult video of the identified “dozens”. The police also named WPC as a witness.Beam and WPC, both American nationals, were arrested at a villa in Badung regency, Bali. Authorities also confiscated a passport, five mobile phones, one folding knife, 14 sex toys and 13 other electronic devices as evidence.Beam has been accused of embezzling around US$500,000 from investors in Chicago, US. He reportedly used the money for his personal expenses instead of placing it in investment funds. After previously being detained by US authorities in September, he allegedly escaped the US in January using a passport that listed a different name.Despite there being no extradition treaty between Indonesia and the US, Petrus said that Beam would be sent back to his home country under an agreement between the two countries’ police forces. (mfp)Topics :last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *