first_imgJo and Gerald Grubwinkler at 144 Mein St, Hendra. Picture: Marc RobertsonTEN years ago, Joanna and Gerald Grubwinkler purchased an old pink house at 144 Mein St, Hendra for its trackside location overlooking Eagle Farm Racecourse.“The 1500m jumps right from out front, you can chat to the jockeys over the fence and all the stewards,” Ms Grubwinkler said.“Neither of us are real gamblers but I love horses and it’s a cheap way for me to be able to have a pony but not pay for it.”The couple transformed the old house by ripping up carpets, painting, building a deck and replacing the kitchen. So enamoured did they become with the suburb, that on deciding to relocate they simply jumped the fence to the neighbouring property. 144 Mein St, HendraRay White Ascot’s Leigh Kortlang said interest in the post-war home has been fabulous.“We have had quite a few people who have busy lifestyles but don’t want an apartment,” she said.“It’s an interesting place to live as there is always something happening on the track but has a really lovely tranquil feel at the same time.”The auction of 144 Mein St, Hendra is scheduled for Saturday February 25, on-site at 2pm. Jo and Gerald Grubwinkler at 144 Mein St, Hendra. Picture: Marc Robertson“The house we bought belonged to the racetrack and I always said to my husband, if the racetrack sells I want it,” Ms Grubwinkler said.“Sure enough it came up for sale but we were in Melbourne so sent friends to bid on our behalf.”Comfortable now in their new home, the Grubwinkler’s have decided to take their original Mein St purchase next door to auction. 144 Mein St, Hendra is going to auction today at 2pm.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home2 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor8 hours ago“It’s just a very happy home,” Ms Grubwinkler said.“We’ve had a lot of happy times there and I think it would suit somebody who loves a social environment with friends and family coming over.”“It’s given us lots of good times and has lots of potential too.” 144 Mein St, HendraThe beautifully renovated two-bedroom, one-bathroom house has polished timber flooring, custom wood joinery, air conditioning, and a kitchen with one of the best trackside race views on offer. “It’s very much all about aspect and position,” Ms Grubwinkler said.“Worse case it’s 15 minutes to the domestic terminal and 5 minutes north or south on the M1 so it’s very central and we just love it.” last_img

admin | 3216976577@qq.com

Related Posts

first_imgILOILO City – Charged with serious physical injury, two men were caught in Barangay Manoc-Manoc, Malay, Aklan. Diego Lagon, 20, of Romblon province and Marco Reyes, 19, of Occidental Mindoro province were caught around 12:10 p.m. yesterday, a police report showed. They were taken to the municipal police station. The court recommended an P18,000 bail bond each for their temporary liberty./PN The Malay municipal police station staged the suspects’ apprehension on the strength of an arrest warrant issued by Judge Cleo Marie Santillan of the Municipal Circuit Trial Court.last_img

first_img Press Association Liverpool have made a £32.5million bid to trigger the release clause of Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke. Liverpool changed their stance on the 24-year-old’s valuation on Thursday, having previously maintained they had no intention of paying what Villa were holding out for. Manager Rodgers had made the former Genk and Standard Liege forward his primary target to strengthen his forward line but Benteke’s price tag was a major stumbling block. However, after selling Raheem Sterling to Manchester City in a £49million deal there was a shift in thinking as Rodgers was adamant he wanted to add some strength to his attacking options and a front-line striker who could withstand the rigours of the Premier League. England international Daniel Sturridge made just 18 appearances last season after missing virtually the first five months of the campaign with injury. He is likely to be sidelined until at least September after undergoing surgery on a hip problem which prematurely ended his campaign in April. That would have left Rodgers with youngster Divock Origi, playing his first season in English football after spending last season on loan at Lille, and summer signing from Burnley Danny Ings as his two main forwards having decided Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini are all surplus to requirements. The club have invested heavily in Hoffenheim’s Brazil international Roberto Firmino, who could cost them up to £29million, but he is not an out-and-out forward and so Rodgers needed to recruit someone else to play as his spearhead. Liverpool have already bought six new players, including England right-back Nathaniel Clyne at a cost of £12.5million, and Benteke’s arrival would push their summer spending to around £80million despite Rodgers saying 12 months ago, after an outlay of £110million, that there would not be a huge amount of recruitment to follow. However, the loss of Champions League status and the failure of a number of last year’s signings – plus the sale of Sterling – forced a re-think. center_img Press Association Sport understands chief executive Ian Ayre, in Australia with the Reds’ first-team squad for the second leg of the club’s pre-season tour, has formally submitted their offer. He will now continue discussions with Villa over the finer details of the deal but Liverpool are hopeful of a swift conclusion to enable the Belgium international to join up with Brendan Rodgers’ side as soon as possible. last_img

first_img Madrid: Former Liverpool and Newcastle defender Jose Enrique has been given the all-clear by doctors after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last year. Enrique said in June 2018 that he had undergone an operation to remove the tumour and he has since been going through a series of radiotherapy sessions.”Hello guys, I just have some wonderful news today,” Enrique said on Tuesday, in a video message posted on Instagram. “I just got back the report from the MRI I had just a week and a half ago.” I just wanted to let you know, because the support from all of you has been amazing, that it’s all clear, all perfect.” For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Former Liverpool defender Enrique has given all-clear from cancer.He believes that he can look forward in life now and thanked all his fans. Jose played for Liverpool for nine years.  He added: “I can look forward now, not back anymore and just keep fighting. So it’s all clear and perfect. Thank you, guys.”The 33-year-old, who spent nine years in England playing for Liverpool and Newcastle, was told he could lose his sight as a result of the tumour. Enrique retired in 2017 after an injury-hit season with Real Zaragoza and had begun working as a football agent. highlightslast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *