Peter Gallagher Out Sick from On the Twentieth Century

first_imgPeter Gallagher is not currently aboard On the Twentieth Century. The Tony nominee has been absent from the revival’s previews since the evening performance on February 21 with a severe sinus infection and is expected to return on March 3. James Moye, who usually plays Max Jacobs, continues in the role of Oscar Jaffee while Gallagher recovers. Directed by Scott Ellis and starring Tony and Emmy winner Kristin Chenoweth, the Roundabout production is set to officially open on March 12 at the American Airlines Theatre. On the Twentieth Century premiered on Broadway in 1978, and won Tony Awards for Best Original Score and Best Book of a Musical. This production will play a limited engagement through July 5. View Comments On the Twentieth Century features a book and lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green and music by Cy Coleman. It follows a down-and-out Broadway producer named Oscar Jaffe (Gallagher), who struggles to convince his former muse and lover, Lily Garland (Chenoweth), now a successful film actress, to return to Broadway in a (non-existent) epic drama about Mary Magdalene. While dealing with Lily Garland’s jealous new lover and a religious fanatic aboard a luxury train, Oscar hopes he can lure her back to the stage and salvage his sinking career. Related Showscenter_img Show Closed This production ended its run on July 19, 2015 In addition to Chenoweth and Gallagher, the cast includes Tony nominee Andy Karl, Mark Linn‐Baker and Tony winners Michael McGrath and Mary Louise Wilson. On The Twentieth Centurylast_img read more

Paris draws new climate rally

first_imgA protester holds a French flag as he takes part in a demonstration on Act 25 (the 45th consecutive national protest on Saturday) of the yellow vests movement in Paris, France , Sept. 21, 2019. REUTERS Demonstrators carried signs with sloganssuch as “End oil now” and “End of the world” and displayed an effigy ofPresident Emmanuel Macron wearing a crown marked “King of bla-bla.” (Reuters) The climate protest drew some 16,000participants, according to the police, a day after several thousand youngpeople had turned out in Paris, as in other cities worldwide, to demandgovernment action over climate change.center_img PARIS – Climate protesters marchedthrough Paris for a second day on Saturday in a rally that saw sporadic clashesbetween masked demonstrators and police who also broke up “yellow vest” groupstrying to stage unauthorized gatherings in the capital.last_img read more

Boil Advisory Lifted On Thursday

first_imgThe boil advisory has been lifted for customers of Hoosier Hills Regional Water.The advisory was lifted around 3:30 p.m. on Thursday.Original Post 10/22Customers of Hoosier Hills Water that are south of Interstate 74, including Milan, are asked to boil their water until further notice.“Its a break on the Hoosier Hills side and that’s who supplies the town of Milan their water,” said Dale Holbert at the Milan Town Hall on Wednesday morning.According to Holbert, the boil water advisory will most likely last until Friday morning.Stay tuned to WRBI for the latest on the story.last_img read more

Football News Former Liverpool defender Enrique given all-clear from cancer

first_img Madrid: Former Liverpool and Newcastle defender Jose Enrique has been given the all-clear by doctors after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last year. Enrique said in June 2018 that he had undergone an operation to remove the tumour and he has since been going through a series of radiotherapy sessions.”Hello guys, I just have some wonderful news today,” Enrique said on Tuesday, in a video message posted on Instagram. “I just got back the report from the MRI I had just a week and a half ago.” I just wanted to let you know, because the support from all of you has been amazing, that it’s all clear, all perfect.” For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Former Liverpool defender Enrique has given all-clear from cancer.He believes that he can look forward in life now and thanked all his fans. Jose played for Liverpool for nine years.  He added: “I can look forward now, not back anymore and just keep fighting. So it’s all clear and perfect. Thank you, guys.”The 33-year-old, who spent nine years in England playing for Liverpool and Newcastle, was told he could lose his sight as a result of the tumour. Enrique retired in 2017 after an injury-hit season with Real Zaragoza and had begun working as a football agent. highlightslast_img read more